Araki is an older 'kiwi bach‘ which has recently been renovated.
Set in the heart of Tekapo, within easy walking distance of the lake front, shops and cafes.
The lower level offers 4 bedrooms. The master queen has it's own ensuite, while the other 3 rooms share a second bathroom. Relax in the sunny new second living area with a log fire.
Upstairs is an open plan kitchen, dining and living area, clad in exposed timber. The modern, fully equipped kitchen has all you need to prepare your holiday meals to share around the dining table. The living area has ample seating to relax in, with a flatscreen TV and a selection of books to enjoy.
The upstairs opens out to a very sunny north facing deck, where you can enjoy lake and mountain views. There is also a small BBQ available.
As well as a heat pump/air conditioning unit, there is a “potbelly” log burner.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the nightly rate.
Please note: post-renovation landscaping is still a work in progress
1. Queen bed with ensuite
2. Queen bed
3. 2 single beds
4. Single bed
- from $224 - $285 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $30 per extra adult, $25 per extra child
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Ask about our Autumn and Winter Weekday specials for 2020.
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Bedrooms
- CD Player
- Cleaning & linen included
- Electric blankets
- Firewood provided
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- Log Burner
- Off-street parking
- Outdoor living area
- The large open plan room upstairs was amazing, I loved the balcony with the fantastic view.
Debra (UK) - Oct, 2019
- Lovely cosy home, two wood burning fireplaces, heat pumps and electric blankets kept us toasty warm. Nice comfy leather lounges and great dining table and kitchen with lake views! Deck for viewing the stars on as well. Was so close to town, easy walking distance and good value. Would definitely stay again!
Ellie (Australia) - Sep, 2018
- We loved this place - you even have a great selection of music to listen when you're enjoying the view of Lake Tekapo and Southern Alps from the upper deck.
Bubamat (Poland) - Dec, 2017