SPECIAL - WINTER WEEKDAY and OFF-PEAK Spring specials available for stays of 2 or more nights before 22 Dec 2022. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us!
Araki is an older 'kiwi bach‘ which has recently been renovated. Set in the heart of Tekapo, within easy walking distance of the lake front, shops and cafes.
Upstairs is an open plan kitchen, dining and living area, opening out to a very sunny north facing deck where you can enjoy lake and mountain views. There is also a small BBQ available.
The modern, fully equipped kitchen has all you need to prepare your holiday meals to share around the dining table, including a Nespresso!. The living area has ample seating to relax in, with a flatscreen TV, Netflix and a selection of books to enjoy. As well as a heat pump/air conditioning unit, there is a “potbelly” log burner.
The lower level offers 4 bedrooms. The master queen has it's own ensuite, while the other 3 rooms share a second bathroom. Relax in the sunny new second living area with a log fire - perfect for the kids!
A Tesla electric vehicle charger is available for use in the garage.
By prior agreement Araki also welcomes well-behaved dogs so your whole family can enjoy the break (not fenced). See our FAQ's for more details.
"Fantastic location for a family trip & dog friendly. Really great shared spaces, lots of amenities and really clean . Would certainly recommend." - Sarah, Dec 2020
- Queen bed + ensuite
- Queen bed
- 2 single beds
- Single bed
Standard nightly rates:
- from $250 - $280 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $30 per extra adult, $25 per extra child (2-17 yrs), under 2 yrs free
- dog stay fee $20?
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.?
Check out our 2022 Winter Weekday Specials for stays of 2 or more nights Sun-Thurs between 24 July - 29 Sep. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us.
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
For larger groups, the adjoining ???Kaltech? House?? may also be booked, depending on availability.
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- Dogs welcome
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Bedrooms
- CD Player
- Cleaning & linen included
- Coffee machine - BYO pods
- Electric blankets
- EV Charger
- Firewood provided
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- Netflix/streamed TVNZ
- Off-street parking
- Outdoor living area
- Lovely house, very comfortable and easy to get in to. Great location for everything and the set up was all very good, highly recommend it
Josh (NZ) - Feb, 2022
- Great place to stay and very close to the village. Management run this place really well and provide lots of information for your stay.
Paul (NZ) - Jan, 2022
- Spacious and comfortable house. Two large living areas so plenty of space to relax in. Well laid out with kitchen and dining area upstairs with a view.
Michael (NZ) - Dec, 2021
- Wonderful comfortable old holiday home, well updated and in an old part of town.
Gregory (NZ) - Sep, 2021
- Amazing view with snow on the mountains and lake. Brilliant location to walk to the shops and restaurants.
Ladies (NZ) - Aug, 2021
- We loved this place. Lots of room for a busy family. Great to have some games and books available. Easy walking distance to the shops and lakefront. Would definitely stay again.
Gillian (NZ) - Apr, 2021
- This house was the perfect kiwi bach ! All the beds had electric blankets and two wood fires made it super cosy even on a cold night! Lovely place with LOTS of space!!
Lauren Jean (NZ) - Mar, 2021
- This is very close to the village. Clean and tidy. It has all the kitchen items you need. Bedrooms downstairs is great meant it was nice and cool. Easy check in and out. Good water pressure.
Liz (NZ) - Feb, 2021
- Fantastic location for a family trip & dog friendly. Great spaces, lots of amenities and really clean. Would certainly recommend.
Sarah (NZ) - Dec, 2020
- Discover Tekapo are a great team. So friendly and eager to give advice to make your stay in the area the best it can be.
Pete (NZ) - Dec, 2020
- The accommodations were charming and comfortable. Great location with views of the lake. It would be a great place to stay for winter activities. I would definitely come back.
Mary (NZ) - Mar, 2020
- Really nice place for bigger group (6). The two Living rooms were practical and the BBQ and fireplace exactly what we needed.
Manuela & Sven (NZ) - Mar, 2020
- A lovey spacious house with views of lake Tekapo. It’s very peaceful on the upstairs balcony. Everything was clean and tidy and Discover Tekapo were very easy to deal with!
James (NZ) - Jan, 2020
- The large open plan room upstairs was amazing, I loved the balcony with the fantastic view.
Debra (UK) - Oct, 2019
- We truly enjoyed staying here, the new renovations are lovely. It’s got a sweet view and is so close to the village, we walked there many times with the kids. We were all very comfy & warm. I can recommend this house!
Jayne & Michael (NZ) - Oct, 2019
- Lovely cosy home, two wood burning fireplaces, heat pumps and electric blankets kept us toasty warm. Nice comfy leather lounges and great dining table and kitchen with lake views! Deck for viewing the stars on as well. Was so close to town, easy walking distance and good value. Would definitely stay again!
Ellie (Australia) - Aug, 2019