SPECIAL - WINTER WEEKDAY and OFF-PEAK Spring specials available for stays of 2 or more nights before 22 Dec 2022. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us!
This lovely, quiet older style cottage is on Pioneer Drive, alongside Lake Tekapo.
It is down a long drive so has lots of privacy while still retaining a corridor view of the stunning turquoise blue waters of Lake Tekapo.
There is a lovely outdoor area for you to relax in. The living area is spacious and joins the open plan kitchen/dining with a log fire and heat pump. The kitchen is very well equipped with all you require to prepare your own meals and a dishwasher to help the clean up!
There are two comfortable queen bedrooms and books to while away any spare time.
By prior agreement, Beech Cottage also welcomes well-behaved dogs, so your whole family can enjoy the break (not fenced). See our FAQ's for more details. Tekapo's dog park is within walking distance, ideal for your morning walk before going out and exploring for the day.
"We loved staying at Beech Cottage - it was clean, spacious and private. It was awesome to have our fur baby with us too. Proximity to the lake, regional park and town made this a perfect base. Looking forward to returning one day!" - Sue, March 2022
- Queen bed
- Queen bed
Standard nightly rates:
- from $240 - $265 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $30 per extra adult, $25 per extra child (2-17 yrs), under 2 yrs free
- dog stay fee $20
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Check out our 2022 Winter Weekday Specials for stays of 2 or more nights Sun-Thurs between 24 July - 29? Sep. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us.?
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
Please note: this property is not suitable for parking ????of campervans or motorhomes.
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- Dogs welcome
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Bedrooms
- Cleaning & linen included
- Electric blankets
- Firewood provided
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- Off-street parking
- Outdoor living area
- Port-a-cot - BYO bedding
- Rice cooker
- We loved staying at Beech Cottage - it was clean, spacious and private. It was awesome to have our fur baby with us too. Proximity to the lake, regional park and town made this a perfect base. Looking forward to returning one day!
Sue (NZ) - Mar, 2022
- Very comfortable and cosy base for our stay. Great for night-time walks by the lake to look at the full moon!
Ingrid (NZ) - Dec, 2021
- Great place to stay, great communication and amazing to be able to have the dog.
Anna (NZ) - Dec, 2021
- Easy, private cosy wee space to retreat from your outdoorsy activities around this beautiful part of the country
Lucy (NZ) - Sep, 2021
- Great location and was cosy despite the miserable weather. Great proximity to shops, cafe, restaurant and half hour trip to round hill where we had a great days skiing!
Jane (NZ) - Jul, 2021
- Such an awesome little spot - ideal location for adventures, and just on the lake for those dawn strolls (very much recommended). Really easy check-in, decent facilities, basic little cottage but it did the trick.
Jessica (NZ) - Jun, 2021
- Nice cottage, well located near the lakefront and the historical church. Roomy and spotlessly clean. Good heaters. Free internet and Freeview TV. Nice gardens. Definitely recommended.
Dan (NZ) - Apr, 2021
- Loved the fire place. Loved the quiet Location and so close to everything. So great having a full kitchen. The shower was so good.
Kim (NZ) - Oct, 2020
- Cute cottage. Had everything I needed. Comfortable, warm and great location.
Kirsty (NZ) - Oct, 2020
- Hired this batch as we were 2 couples. Great location (just around the corner from the church of the good shepherd), a wood burner and fully kitted out facilities this was a great find. Easy booking + key collection and good price name this a winner.
Tony (NZ) - Jul, 2020
- Lovely quiet place to stay and being on the flat no problems with snow or ice.
Penny (NZ) - Jul, 2020
- Cosy cottage with lots of heating options and well insulated house. Great location and communication with friendly agents who manage it. Fire guard around fireplace greatly appreciated. Recommend!
Neva (NZ) - Jul, 2019
- The location is unbeatable! Just walk a few steps and you can admire the beautiful Lake Tekapo. The church of the Good Shepherd is a 5-min walk away and the rest of the town 5 minutes more. The cottage is very cozy and spacious and comes with all the basic stuff. LOVED having a washing machine since we had been on the road for a while. The check-in and check-out process was easy through the key box since we arrived late and later left early.
Natalia (USA) - Feb, 2019
- Lovely location, the cottage is very nice and tucked away from the road, but with view of the lake. Spacious house, lots of natural light, a sheltered patio to sit an enjoy the evening.
John (UK) - Feb, 2019
- The location was great. It was quiet and there were lots of birds, rabbits and hedgehogs. Very peaceful.
Rupert (UK) - Dec, 2018
- Wonderful. Quiet location, sunny aspect , good views. Great having both the heat pump and wood-burner. Good rain protection at rear of the house. So it was kept really warm.
Lindsay (NZ) - Aug, 2018
View our homes on a map
"The location is unbeatable! Just walk a few steps and you can admire the beautiful Lake Tekapo. The church of the Good Shepherd is a 5-min walk away and the rest of the town 5 minutes more. The cottage is very cozy and spacious and comes with all the..."
Beech Cottage, Natalia (USA), February 2019