SPECIAL - WINTER WEEKDAY and OFF-PEAK Spring specials available for stays of 2 or more nights before 22 Dec 2022. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us!
Church View is a classic 'kiwi' holiday home, wonderfully located just a few minutes walk from the village and lake front. This sunny older-style house looks down the river to the lake, mountains and Church of the Good Shepherd.
Enjoy the stunning views from a large sunny deck, with seating and a BBQ. Fantastic for star-gazing at Tekapo's clear night sky. Stay cosy around the log fire in winter.
Offering 2 queen bedrooms and a twin, with separate shower, toilet and bathroom (with bathtub and hand basin), spacious living area and well equipped kitchen.
All bedrooms and living spaces are on the second floor, and the entrance is by stairs.
By prior agreement, Church View also welcomes well-behaved dogs, so your whole family can enjoy the break (fenced deck & back section). See our FAQ's for more details.
"Great spot, awesome that we could take our dog with us too!" - Richard, April 2021
"Lovely wee holiday home. Very cosy with the fire going in the evening. Great location, only a few mins walk into town. Great place for the dogs as well" - Jess, March 2022
- Queen bed
- Queen bed
- 2 single beds
Standard nightly Rates:
- $200 - $250 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $30 per extra adult, $25 per extra child (2-17 yrs), under 2 yrs free
- dog stay fee $20
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Check out our 2022 Winter Weekday Specials for stays of 2 or more nights Sun-Thurs between 24 July - 29 Sep. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us.
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- Dogs welcome
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Bedrooms
- Boat Parking
- Cleaning & linen included
- Electric blankets
- Firewood provided
- Freeview TV
- Off-street parking
- Outdoor living area
- Rice cooker
- Lovely wee holiday home. Very cosy with the fire going in the evening. Great location, only a few mins walk into town. Great place for the dogs as well.
Jess (NZ) - Mar, 2022
- Great place, and convenient location. Check in was really simple. House was nice and kitchen was well stocked with cooking equipment which we found helpful. Just a couple mins from the lake. Would recommend!
Gabrielle (NZ) - Feb, 2022
- Highly recommend. Affordable and such a great space!
Laura (NZ) - Jan, 2022
- Awesome location and beautiful views (5 min walk from the church), super baby/toddler/kid friendly house, very clean! Kitchen is stocked with every utensil/pot/pan you'd need for anything. quiet neighborhood with a playground just around the corner. spacious, simple, and perfect for our little 3-night getaway with our 1-year-old!
Elise (NZ) - Dec, 2021
- The house is in a very good location, fit for a medium to large group of travelers. The fireplace really does a good job of making the shared spaces nice and cozy! The rooms are a good size and there are separate shower, bathroom and toilet. The balcony was also nice to have on a sunny day.
Hannah (NZ) - Oct, 2021
- Wonderful place to stay. Great location. Lovely view from the deck.
Maryann (NZ) - Oct, 2021
- This spot was fantastic! Just a few minutes drive/walk down to the lakefront, and the house was lovely - plenty of firewood to keep us warm, great amenities and kitchen. Would definitely come back.
Laura (NZ) - Aug, 2021
- Lovely spacious, well designed space to stay in Tekapo. Host went above and beyond to help us, including coming out at 8pm to help us with a question. The house stays very warm in winter with air con, heated blankets and a lovely, cosy wood burning stove. Would definitely recommend and would stay again!
Phillipa (NZ) - Jul, 2021
- Great spot, awesome that we could take our dog with us too
Richard (NZ) - Apr, 2021
- Great value and quality! Highly recommended!
Prospero (NZ) - Jul, 2020
- The views were beautiful and location was close to everything! It was a nice touch and gesture to turn on the heat pumps and space heaters prior to check in as the home felt nice cozy when we got there! Can't wait to return as this will definitely be the place we'll stay at again and again!
Kimberley (NZ) - Mar, 2020
- The lake view from the terrace is beautiful - we cooked dinner with the plentiful utensils available and had a wonderful dinner on the terrace during sunset. Less than 5 minutes walking to the lake (and perfect for stargazing at night). Easy walking distance to the start of many of the trails up Mt Cook as well. Nice touch with amenities, including laundry powder. If we could have stayed longer, we would! Definitely a highlight in our South Island trip.
Angela (NZ) - Mar, 2020
- Lovely view of a picture lake and church, very quiet, very good location.
Julie (NZ) - Sep, 2019
- With a 2 year old in tow, it was great that the house was uncluttered and pretty kid-friendly. The house had all that we needed, plus a great view. Check in was easy and communication was great.
Daniel (NZ) - Aug, 2019
View our homes on a map
"The views were beautiful and location was close to everything! It was a nice touch and gesture to turn on the heat pumps and space heaters prior to check in as the home felt nice cozy when we got there! Can't wait to return as this will definitely be..."
Church View, Kimberley (NZ), March 2020