SPECIAL - WINTER WEEKDAY and OFF-PEAK Spring specials available for stays of 2 or more nights before 22 Dec 2022. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us!
Hazel's House is a new, warm spacious place to spend some quality time in the beautiful alpine village of Tekapo. It's owned by local farmers who are passionate about sustainable living and have used products such as carpet made from New Zealand wool, and recycled insulation. They are also keen skiers and have included a heated drying cupboard so your ski boots & gear can dry overnight ready to hit the slopes again!
The large living space provides plenty of room to relax by the log burner and the kitchen has everything you need to create meals for sharing around the dining table. Or you might choose a wander down to the village centre to sample a local cafe or restaurant, just a 10 minute walk.
Hazel's offers 4 large bedrooms with a king bed, 2 queens and 2 single beds. You are guaranteed a wonderfully comfortable nights sleep with cotton/wool blend duvets and bamboo mattress protectors. Multiple bathroom spaces works well for a group, with a large main bathroom, plus separate shower and toilet rooms.
This pet-friendly house is on a quiet cul-de-sac and backs onto a reserve, with gorgeous mountain views to the east and west. By prior agreement Hazel's welcomes well-behaved dogs, so your whole family can enjoy the break (not fenced). See our FAQ's for more details.
"The place was so clean and had everything we needed. The beds and furniture were comfortable, the whole place was great! It was just fantastic to be able to take our dog as well, that was most appreciated!" - Rachelle, Jan 2022
- King bed
- Queen bed
- Queen bed
- Two single beds
?Standard nightly rates:???
- from $280 - $320 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $40 per extra adult, $25 per extra child (2-17 yrs), under 2 yrs free
- dog stay fee $20
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.?
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Check out our 2022 Winter Weekday Specials for stays of 2 or more nights Sun-Thurs between 24 July - 29 Sep. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us.
Discounts may be also av????ailable for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>?
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- Dogs welcome
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Bedrooms
- Boat Parking
- Cleaning & linen included
- Coffee machine - BYO pods
- Electric blankets
- Firewood provided
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- Netflix/streamed TVNZ
- Off-street parking
- Ski gear drying cupboard
- A lovely, quiet, relaxing time in a convenient location...With our dog!
Michael (NZ) - Feb, 2022
- Our family had a great time - the place had everything we needed and was a very short walk to the school and community centre (playground, basketball court, tennis courts etc) for restless kids! Place was modern, clean and tidy, and the hosts super flexible, with great communication.
Caitlin (NZ) - Jan, 2022
- Hazel's is new and very well appointed. We were there for a couple of nights then just had to stay an extra night. Walking distance to the river and lake. Lots of ducks wandering around the property in the evening.
Steve (NZ) - Jan, 2022
- The place was so clean and had everything we needed. The beds and furniture were comfortable, the whole place was great! It was just fantastic to be able to take our dog as well, that was most appreciated!
Rachelle (NZ) - Jan, 2022
- Very homely feeling and thought of everything. It was great to be able to walk everywhere and only used the car once.
Lynette (NZ) - Dec, 2021
- A lovely clean & modern home, near to the town with mountain views . Highly recommended . Wouldn't hesitate to recommend to friends & family.
Kevin (NZ) - Oct, 2021
- House is lovely and good living space. Good kitchen and comfy beds. Fireplace and air con. Heaters in every bedroom. Two toilets and two showers. Overall great place.
Loz (NZ) - Oct, 2021
- Great place for our holiday in Tekapo with two young families. Had everything we needed and was nice and clean.
Tim (NZ) - Aug, 2021
- Fantastic set up for two families with plenty of beds and two showers and toilets. Lovely living room with nice mountain views.
Shannon (NZ) - Jul, 2021
- Clean, warm & welcoming. Also, that we could have our dogs with us made it an A+++++ stay
Leander (NZ) - Feb, 2021
- Loved our stay at Hazel's House. Nice and new 4 bdrm house. Warm and cozy even before lighting the fire. Plenty of space for our group of 8.
Sheena (NZ) - Oct, 2020
- Fabulous accommodation. Thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay, and we were hoping it would snow so we would be stuck there. So warm and cozy, with heat pump plus log burner, and even heaters in all bedrooms, making it an absolute pleasure to be staying there. Even managed to play a couple of games of petanque on the back drive. Lovely quiet area. Ample room and sufficient bathrooms for the 5 of us adults. Beautifully designed house. We'll be back, without a doubt.
Rewa (NZ) - Jul, 2020
- Great central property. Modern and functional. Awesome to have access to wood for a toasty fire on a snowy weekend.
Nicole (NZ) - Jun, 2020
- Comfortable and cozy modern home, We had an amazing weekend and Hazel's house provided us a home away from home!
Sadia (NZ) - Jun, 2020
- A really comfortable place to come back to after a long day. Great views of the mountains around us. We loved the fireplace and how the heating was prepared for us.
Sharnalee (NZ) - Jun, 2020