SPECIAL - 30% off the standard rate for stays of 2 or more nights before 16 Dec 2021, excluding winter school holidays (9-24 July). Click calendar dates below to check rates.
Hazel's House is a new, warm spacious place to spend some quality time in the beautiful alpine village of Tekapo. It's owned by local farmers who are passionate about sustainable living and have used products such as carpet made from New Zealand wool, and recycled insulation. They are also keen skiers and have included a heated drying cupboard so your ski boots & gear can dry overnight ready to hit the slopes again!
The large living space provides plenty of room to relax by the log burner and the kitchen has everything you need to create meals for sharing around the dining table. Or you might choose a wander down to the village centre to sample a local cafe or restaurant, just a 10 minute walk.
Hazel's offers 4 large bedrooms with a king bed, 2 queens and 2 single beds. You are guaranteed a wonderfully comfortable nights sleep with cotton/wool blend duvets and bamboo mattress protectors. Multiple bathroom spaces works well for a group, with a large main bathroom, plus separate shower and toilet rooms.
The house is on a quiet cul-de-sac and backs onto a reserve, with gorgeous mountain views to the east and west.
Added bonus of staying at Hazel's - Mountain Biking/4WD!
Guests also have the unique opportunity to explore the owners’ iconic Glenmore Station. A stunning 20-minute drive up the lakeside, this high-country station is home to the breath-taking Cass Valley and offers fantastic mountain-biking or 4WD’ing. So, book into Hazel’s House and bring your choice of wheels! (Please note: station access is by prior arrangement and may not be granted during lambing late Oct/early Nov).
1. King bed & ensuite bathroom
2. Queen bed
3. Queen bed
4. Two single beds
?Standard nightly rates:?
- from $280 - $320 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $40 per extra adult, $25 per extra child (2-17 yrs), under 2 yrs free
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods.
One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>?
By prior agreement, Hazel's welcomes well-behaved family dogs, so your whole family can enjoy the break! See our ???????FAQ's? for more details.
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- Dogs welcome
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Bedrooms
- Boat Parking
- Cleaning & linen included
- Electric blankets
- Firewood provided
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- Off-street parking
- Ski gear drying cupboard
- Clean, warm & welcoming. Also, that we could have our dogs with us made it an A+++++ stay
Leander (NZ) - Feb, 2021
- Loved our stay at Hazel's House. Nice and new 4 bdrm house. Warm and cozy even before lighting the fire. Plenty of space for our group of 8.
Sheena (NZ) - Oct, 2020
- Fabulous accommodation. Thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay, and we were hoping it would snow so we would be stuck there. So warm and cozy, with heat pump plus log burner, and even heaters in all bedrooms, making it an absolute pleasure to be staying there. Even managed to play a couple of games of petanque on the back drive. Lovely quiet area. Ample room and sufficient bathrooms for the 5 of us adults. Beautifully designed house. We'll be back, without a doubt.
Rewa (NZ) - Jul, 2020
- Great central property. Modern and functional. Awesome to have access to wood for a toasty fire on a snowy weekend.
Nicole (NZ) - Jun, 2020
- Comfortable and cozy modern home, We had an amazing weekend and Hazel's house provided us a home away from home!
Sadia (NZ) - Jun, 2020
- A really comfortable place to come back to after a long day. Great views of the mountains around us. We loved the fireplace and how the heating was prepared for us.
Sharnalee (NZ) - Jun, 2020