Located in the heart of Tekapo village, Kaltech House has a fantastic spacious deck from which to soak up the sun and stunning views of the lake and mountains. Only a few minutes walk to the village and lake front.
The sunny living area and the main bedroom upstairs both open out onto the deck. Combined with a wonderfully equipped kitchen and dining area, it offers a great entertaining space, in all seasons.
Heatpumps and a logfire keep it warm all year round.
Upstairs also has a bathroom and separate toilet.
The other 2 bedrooms are downstairs, with another bathroom including shower and toilet. There is also a single bed in the alcove between the bedrooms (not private).
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
For larger groups, the adjoining Araki may also be booked, depending on availability.
1. Queen bed - with ensuite, upstairs
2. Queen bed - downstairs
3. Bunk - double bed on bottom, single on top - downstairs
Standard nightly rates:
- from $244 - $320 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $30 per extra adult, $25 per extra child
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Ask about our Autumn and Winter Weekday specials for 2020.
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Bedrooms
- Cleaning & linen included
- Electric blankets
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- Log Burner
- Off-street parking
- Outdoor living area
- The house itself was lovely, very cosy & warm on a wet day. Beds were comfy, showers were great.
Kathy (Australia) - Feb, 2018
- It's a beautiful area. So peaceful and relaxed. The quality and new design of the home which has a view of the lake was a treat for us. We enjoyed the deck which enhances the living area.
Christine (NZ) - Dec, 2017
- Good location to Lake Tekapo and Good Shepherd Church. Big living room and kitchen well equipped with all cooking facilities. Nice view from balcony.
Xitao (Canada) - Nov, 2017
- Very impressed! Log burner was awesome!
Geoff (NZ) - Sep, 2017
"It's a beautiful area. So peaceful and relaxed. The quality and new design of the home which has a view of the lake was a treat for us. We enjoyed the deck which enhances the living area."
Kaltech House, Christine (NZ), December 2017