SPECIAL - WINTER WEEKDAY and OFF-PEAK Spring specials available for stays of 2 or more nights before 22 Dec 2022. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us!
Located in the heart of Tekapo village, Kaltech House has a fantastic spacious deck from which to soak up the sun and stunning views of the lake and mountains. Only a few minutes walk to the village and lake front.
The sunny living area and the main bedroom upstairs both open out onto the deck. Combined with a wonderfully equipped kitchen and dining area, it offers a great entertaining space, in all seasons. Heatpumps and a logfire keep it warm all year round. Upstairs also has a bathroom and separate toilet.
The other 2 bedrooms are downstairs, with another spacious bathroom including shower and toilet. There is also a single bed in the alcove between the bedrooms (not private).
This pet-friendly property is fully fenced and by prior agreement welcomes well-behaved dogs, so your whole family can enjoy the break. See our FAQ's for more details.
"Great stay, easy communication, great roomy place and we loved having our schnauzer with us" - Ashley, stayed May 2021
For larger groups, the adjoining Araki may also be booked, depending on availability.
- Queen bed + ?ensuite - upstairs
- Queen bed - downstairs
- Bunk bed (double on bottom, single on top) - downstairs
Standard nightly rates:
- from $260 - $305 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $30 per extra adult, $25 per extra child (2-17 yrs), under 2 yrs free
- dog stay fee $20
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
?Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Check out our 2022 Winter Weekday Specials for stays of 2 or more nights Sun-Thurs between 24 July - 29 Sep. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us.
Discounts may be also available for exten?ded or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- Dogs welcome
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Bedrooms
- Cleaning & linen included
- Electric blankets
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- Off-street parking
- Outdoor living area
- Huge place, great kitchen - awesome for our two small dogs. Easy walk to town. Easy parking on site.
Dawn (NZ) - Feb, 2022
- From the sun-soaked deck for afternoon drinks, to the well equipped kitchen, Kaltech House was a wonderful base for our four day-three night stay. Such an easy stroll to the lakeshore, or for evening dining.
Hamish (NZ) - Oct, 2021
- We really enjoyed our stay. Lovely and warm and comfortable. Everything you need is there and so close to the shops and restaurants. Great service from Discover.
Maree (NZ) - Oct, 2021
- We had a fabulous stay at Kaltech House, it is so warm, clean, and just so cozy fire on cold nights, has a heatpump as well beautiful home. Highly recommend.
Tuainekore (NZ) - Aug, 2021
- A great stay! Plenty of space, extremely clean and tidy and easy walking distance to town centre. House had all we needed and more, and would recommend to anyone. Thank you!
Pippa (NZ) - Aug, 2021
- Great house in a great location. Spotlessly clean. Heat pumps were on when we arrived so the house was lovely and warm which was a nice touch. The weather was too cold to use the fantastic deck. We will definitely try to book this house again the next time we are visiting Tekapo.
Neill (NZ) - Jul, 2021
- Great stay, easy communication, great roomy place and we loved having our schnauzer with us.
Ashley (NZ) - May, 2021
- Loved our stay here. Superb deck with large outdoor table is great for viewing the fabulous Tekapo night skies. Bed was very comfy and the shower is great!
Iain (NZ) - Apr, 2021
- House is in a great location and the layout is great. We went as two people, but this house would be lovely for groups with the big kitchen and dining area, cozy lounge and fire and big outdoor deck with views. Would happily stay again.
Gina-Rose (NZ) - Mar, 2021
- Great place to stay with kids. Easy walking distance to cafes and restaurants. Very clean and tidy and fantastic that we could take our dog too. Thanks!
Tonille (NZ) - Jan, 2021
- Great Location, Easy Check in and Check out. Comfy and Warm House. Great deck. Plenty of space for kids to spread out and fully enclosed so great for small kids and animals.
Steph (NZ) - Nov, 2020
- Lovely couches...option of log burner...great house plan....good views....cosy and warm....township within walking distance.
Sheryn (NZ) - Jun, 2020
- Fabulous place to stay. The fireplace was welcome when the weather turned very cold, wet and windy. Everything you need is in this home, and we really enjoyed our stay as we like the quiet. Close to the town so access to shops is within walking distance.
David (Australia) - May, 2019
- Excellent location. Away from the tourist bustle but close enough to walk to the lake. Good views. Lovely for stargazing.
Vasanti (N.Z) - Apr, 2019
View our homes on a map
"Fabulous place to stay. The fireplace was welcome when the weather turned very cold, wet and windy. Everything you need is in this home, and we really enjoyed our stay as we like the quiet. Close to the town so access to shops is within walking dist..."
Kaltech House, David (Australia), May 2019