SPECIAL - 25% off the standard rate for OFF-PEAK stays of 2 or more nights before 15 April 2022. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us!
Located in the heart of Tekapo village, Kaltech House has a fantastic spacious deck from which to soak up the sun and stunning views of the lake and mountains. Only a few minutes walk to the village and lake front.
The sunny living area and the main bedroom upstairs both open out onto the deck. Combined with a wonderfully equipped kitchen and dining area, it offers a great entertaining space, in all seasons.
Heatpumps and a logfire keep it warm all year round.
Upstairs also has a bathroom and separate toilet.
The other 2 bedrooms are downstairs, with another bathroom including shower and toilet. There is also a single bed in the alcove between the bedrooms (not private).
The property is fully fenced and by prior agreement welcomes well-behaved family dogs, so your whole family can enjoy the break. See our FAQ's for more details.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
For larger groups, the adjoining Araki may also be booked, depending on availability.
- Queen bed + ?ensuite - upstairs
- Queen bed - downstairs
- Bunk bed (double on bottom, single on top) - downstairs
Standard nightly rates:
- from $260 - $305 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $30 per extra adult, $25 per extra child (2-17 yrs), under 2 yrs free
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
?2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Check out our 2022 Winter Weekday Specials for stays of 2 or more nights Sun-Thurs between 24 July - 22 Sep. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us.
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- Dogs welcome
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Bedrooms
- Cleaning & linen included
- Electric blankets
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- Off-street parking
- Outdoor living area
- Great stay, easy communication, great roomy place and we loved having our schnauzer with us.
Ashley (NZ) - May, 2021
- Loved our stay here. Superb deck with large outdoor table is great for viewing the fabulous Tekapo night skies. Bed was very comfy and the shower is great!
Iain (NZ) - Apr, 2021
- House is in a great location and the layout is great. We went as two people, but this house would be lovely for groups with the big kitchen and dining area, cozy lounge and fire and big outdoor deck with views. Would happily stay again.
Gina-Rose (NZ) - Mar, 2021
- Great place to stay with kids. Easy walking distance to cafes and restaurants. Very clean and tidy and fantastic that we could take our dog too. Thanks!
Tonille (NZ) - Jan, 2021
- Fabulous place to stay. The fireplace was welcome when the weather turned very cold, wet and windy. Everything you need is in this home, and we really enjoyed our stay as we like the quiet. Close to the town so access to shops is within walking distance.
David (Australia) - May, 2019
- Excellent location. Away from the tourist bustle but close enough to walk to the lake. Good views. Lovely for stargazing.
Vasanti (N.Z) - Apr, 2019
- It's a beautiful area. So peaceful and relaxed. The quality and new design of the home which has a view of the lake was a treat for us. We enjoyed the deck which enhances the living area.
Christine (NZ) - Dec, 2017
- Very impressed! Log burner was awesome!
Geoff (NZ) - Sep, 2017
View our homes on a map
"Fabulous place to stay. The fireplace was welcome when the weather turned very cold, wet and windy. Everything you need is in this home, and we really enjoyed our stay as we like the quiet. Close to the town so access to shops is within walking dist..."
Kaltech House, David (Australia), May 2019