SPECIAL - FREE Tekapo Springs Pass with every booking! WINTER WEEKDAY and OFF-PEAK Spring specials available for stays of 2 or more nights before 22 Dec 2022. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us!
Book Lake Watch and you'll recevie a Tekapo Springs pass for four people to use during your stay, giving you free unlimited access to the hot pools, plus the Aqua Drop & Jumpernaut in summer, Ice Rink and Tube Park in the colder months! More info >>
You will be in awe of the incredible views of Lake Tekapo from the comfort of this modern house. Enjoy a relaxing BBQ on the deck with the surrounding mountain and lake views and in winter keep warm inside with heat pump and log fire.
From the comfort of your master king bed look out to the incredible view and enjoy the ease of your private ensuite. Another king bedroom and twin room share a second bathroom and separate toilet. This house accommodates 6 people comfortably. Large living space with a big screen TV and freeview.
Lake Watch is a home away from home with a laundry including a dryer and garage access.
By prior agreement well-behaved dogs are welcome at this pet-friendly home, so your whole family can enjoy the break (not fenced). See our FAQ's for more details. Tekapo's dog park is within walking distance, ideal for your morning walk before going out and exploring for the day.
"Great place to stay with our dogs. Great location to the lake. Beautiful views" - Michelle, March 2022.
- King bed + ensuite
- King bed
- 2 single beds
Standard nightly rates:
- from $290 - $360 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $40 per extra adult, $25 per extra child (2-17 yrs), under 2 yrs free
- dog stay fee $20??
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Check out our ?2022 Winter Weekday Specials? for stays of 2 or more nights Sun-Thurs between 24 July - 29? Sep. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us.
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
For larger groups, the neighboring Loch View may also be booked, depending on availability.
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- Dogs welcome
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Bedrooms
- Cleaning & linen included
- Clothes Dryer
- Electric blankets
- Fire guard
- Firewood provided
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- Netflix/streamed TVNZ
- Off-street parking
- Outdoor living area
- Port-a-cot - BYO bedding
- What a view, the location takes it all in! House modern and great spaces to still take in the views hot or cold.
Susanne (NZ) - Feb, 2022
- Absolutely loved our stay, the views were stunning to wake up to and the kids had a great time playing with the board games available.
Corey (NZ) - Oct, 2021
- Lake Watch is the most impressive holiday house I have ever stayed at! It boasts direct views to the lake and snow capped mountains with all day sun and a pleasant stroll to the lake. Spacious and well designed with a cosy fireplace, modern kitchen and dining area with views to the lake. The 3 bedrooms are well separated for privacy and the bathrooms are spacious and there is even a bath for relaxing in after a day's skiing! I am keen to book again and highly recommend this most wonderful retreat!
Lorraine (NZ) - Aug, 2021
- A beautiful house to stay in. Even better than the pictures. Beautifully clean with quality beds and bedding. Lots of heaters and a log burner which was much appreciated as it was freezing at night. The view was spectacular and the big living area windows really show cased it beautifully. I would highly recommend this house to others.
Karen (NZ) - Jul, 2021
- The house was filled with sunlight. It's a beautiful house, great kitchen, very spacious and warm with amazing lake and mountain views.
Joella (NZ) - May, 2021
- Great location with amazing views. We arrived late to a warm house and the fire ready to be lit. Very comfortable house would love to stay again.
Jess (NZ) - May, 2021
- Beautiful house. Easy to find, easy to sit and watch the world go by.
Denae (NZ) - Apr, 2021
- Our stay at Lake Watch was amazing. The house is lovely and the views are even better than the photos. We’ll be back when we next travel to Tekapo.
Angela (NZ) - Aug, 2020
- We loved the house, the location and the amazing views of picturesque Lake Tekapo. There were some really lovely touches to the house that made it feel extra special. The bed was super comfortable and kitchen amenities were well appointed. We highly recommend Lake Watch at Lake Tekapo, it was a really amazing experience.
Chiq10 (NZ) - Jul, 2020
- Lovely house, great view of Lake Tekapo. Very relaxing , and well conditioned house to stay.
Chow (Singapore) - Jan, 2020
- This home was very beautiful and spacious for 5-6 people. We were able to cook - everything was available. The view is to die for. We had great view towards the mountain and the lake with LUPINS! It was only a short walk to get to the lakeside.
Melisa (Australia) - Nov, 2019
- I believe it is the BEST lake house in Tekapo... the view is stunning and house has a big open space, very comfy beds and very warm at night. Hosts are very nice and quick response.!
Jiedi (Australia) - May, 2019
- Stay was great. Amazing views out across Lake Tekapo, Clean place, accurate photos and quick response to our communication.
Sam (NZ) - Apr, 2019
- Fantastic house with incredible lake view. 2 min drive from town. Perfect internet and amenities. Ample rooms, lots of light, very modern design.
Marcelo (Uruguay) - Apr, 2019