SPECIAL - WINTER WEEKDAY and OFF-PEAK Spring specials available for stays of 2 or more nights before 22 Dec 2022. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us!
Positioned high above Lake Tekapo, Number 8 takes full advantage of its panoramic views. Great interior design compliments the natural beauty of its surroundings.
The open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area share beautiful views towards the lake and mountains. The lounge opens out to an expansive deck with a built-in BBQ and outdoor seating, allowing great indoor/outdoor flow. Light and sunny, with both a heatpump and fireplace, this is a house for all seasons.
It's perfectly set-up for several families holidaying together, with a second separate lounge for the kids to escape to. The wonderfully equipped kitchen makes cooking a pleasure, and the house includes 2 TVs, DVD players, and Sky channels for some relaxing down-time.
Offering four large bedrooms, one with ensuite bathroom, and an additional large family bathroom, including a bathtub. A full laundry completes the package, with everything you need for an easy stay away from home.
By prior agreement, this pet-friendly property welcomes well-behaved dogs, so your whole family can enjoy the break (not fenced) - there is even a lovely wine-barrel dog bed! See our FAQ's for more details.
Located a 20 minute scenic walk from the village centre, lake front and Tekapo's dog park.
"Great property, location - lovely home and stoked we could take our pet." - Mel, August 2020
- King bed + ensuite
- Queen bed
- Queen bed + single bed
- 3 single beds
Standard nightly rates:
- from $430 for up to 4 people, depending on season.
- plus $40 per extra adult, $25 per extra child (2-17 yrs), under 2 yrs free
- dog stay fee $20
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.?
Linen. towels and cleaning are included in the rate.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Check out our 2022 Winter Weekday Specials for stays of 2 or more nights Sun-Thurs between 24 July - 29?? Sep. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us.
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
For extended groups, Majestic View is just 2 doors down and may also be booked depending on availability.
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- Dogs welcome
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Bedrooms
- Boat Parking
- Cleaning & linen included
- Clothes Dryer
- Electric blankets
- Firewood provided
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- Off-street parking
- Outdoor living area
- Will stay again! Perfect for large families, well equipped kitchen. we only stayed one night, but wished it was longer. Amazing views.
Hayley (NZ) - Jan, 2022
- Tekapo tranquility. Sitting outside in the late afternoon sun with a cold drink and taking in the view down Lake Tekapo. Magic. Two lounge areas either side of the kitchen - both with TV's. Full kitchen facilities. Responsiveness of property managers. Great to take our Labrador - she enjoyed the big screen "rabbit vision" going on outside.
Steve (NZ) - Dec, 2021
- Great house & great location with excellent views of the mountains & lake from the great deck. Very well set up house & very tidy & clean, great for our family of 5 (all adults). Will be staying at this house again in the future
Michael (NZ) - Oct, 2021
- Number 8 is our fav spot to stay in Lake Tekapo, perfect for our family of 5 and on other occasions family of 7. Spacious, great location, quiet neighborhood, everything you need, well equipped kitchen, toys for the kids. Great place for a getaway in summer or winter.
Katie (NZ) - Aug, 2021
- Great house. Fantastic views. Heaps space for a large family or a couple of families sharing.
Craig (NZ) - Jun, 2021
- Fantastic modern home, great for large families with the two lounges. Beautiful view! Will definitely be back.
Courtney (NZ) - May, 2021
- Absolutely brilliant house! Amazing view and excellent being able to bring our little dogs.
Al (NZ) - Nov, 2020
- Great property, location - lovely home and stoked we could take our pet.
Mel (NZ) - Aug, 2020
- Amazing house with excellent views. Was only a 20 minute walk from town but away from the hustle.
Sarah (NZ) - Aug, 2020
- Fabulous! Great views of the lake from the house. Very well furnished and appointed.
John (NZ) - Feb, 2020
- Family of nine. Check in process was hassle free. The kitchen was well equipped and clean, complete with baby utensils and toys (although I didn’t need to use them). The kitchen island faces the lake so dinner prep was with a view!
Leona (Singapore) - Dec, 2019
- Beautiful location close to town for restaurants. Spacious rooms. Clean well appointed.
Vanessa (Canada) - Nov, 2019
- Magnificent house in a great location, loved the view
Sandra (Australia) - Sep, 2019
- Exceptional. Perfect for our 2 families. Open plan kitchen leading to family rooms.
Andrea (NZ) - Jun, 2019