Retro Inn #1
SPECIAL - 20% off the standard rate for stays of 2 or more nights between 4 Jan - 8 July 2021. Click calendar dates below to check rates.
Retro Inn #1 is a warm, sunny classic 'kiwi' holiday home with plenty of character.
A cosy living area opens onto a small deck with outdoor seating and great views of the lake and mountains.
An internal staircase leads up to the main queen bedroom on a mezzanine floor. Two more bedrooms are on the main floor, along with a bathroom, including shower and bathtub.
Log burner with firewood supplied, heatpump, TV, DVD.
Full kitchen facilities. Games room with table tennis downstairs.
Please note, as this is a wooden 'Lockwood' house it does creak with changes in the outside temperature.
For larger groups, the adjoining Retro Inn #2 may also be booked, depending on availability.
1. Queen bed (upstairs mezzanine)
2. Queen bed
3. Twin beds (2 singles)
Standard nightly rates:
- from $250 - $275 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $30 per extra adult, $25 per extra child
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- 1 Bathroom
- 3 Bedrooms
- CD Player
- Cleaning & linen included
- Electric blankets
- Firewood provided
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- Off-street parking
- Outdoor living area
- Wonderful warm welcoming atmosphere with stunning views. Loved it!
Marilyn (Australia) - Dec, 2019
- My kids liked the board games and books at the property. The garage had a Table Tennis table and we enjoyed using it during our stay. The lake and mountain views and amazing from the balcony.
Jaikrit (Singapore) - Dec, 2019
- I would love to revisit! I loved everything about the house...the traditional wooden interior, very cozy, comforting and beautiful views.
Dhanraj (NZ) - Nov, 2019
- Great accommodation and amazing views! Felt very warm and homely inside! :)
Michael (Australia) - Jul, 2019
- Great family house. The cosy, quirky feel of the house made it very charming.
Anne-marie (NZ) - Apr, 2019
- Nice place to stay, quirky retro style. Beautiful view from the balcony.
Jennie (NZ) - Oct, 2018
- Beautiful views. Separate games area, wood fire and deck very comfortable. Great view of the lake and cosy beds. It has everything you could possibly need in a holiday house. Family loved it; We will come back!
Sandra (NZ) - Nov, 2017
- Having the games room with table tennis was a real bonus for us (we love our table tennis). Wood and fire - awesome. The view is breath-taking.
Sally (NZ) - Aug, 2017
- Great view, and plenty of room. The retro decor is kinda cool and the bed super warm. Kitchen did the job, and the wood fire place was wonderful of an evening.
Rob (Australia) - Jul, 2017
- The rustic charm, the wood fireplace and the balcony with a spectacular view. It was also very quiet. The collection of music and DVDs was welcome, especially on one very rainy day.
Jay (Australia) - May, 2017
- Stargazing at it's best! Centrally located Retro-style furnished Home. Well equipped for stargazing and comfortable. We liked our stay!
Annika (NZ) - Jan, 2017