Retro Inn #2
SPECIAL - 20% off the standard rate for stays of 2 or more nights before 19 Dec 2021, excluding winter school holidays (9-24 July). Click calendar dates below to check rates.
Retro Inn #2 is a warm, sunny classic 'kiwi' holiday home with plenty of character.
A cosy living area opens onto a small deck with outdoor seating and great views of the lake and mountains.
An internal staircase leads up to the main queen bedroom on a mezzanine floor. Two more bedrooms are on the main floor, along with the bathroom, including shower and bathtub.
Log burner with firewood supplied, heatpump, TV, DVD.
Full kitchen facilities. Garage underneath suitable for storage of ski gear in winter.
Please note, as this is a wooden 'Lockwood' house it does creak with changes in the outside temperature.
For larger groups, the adjoining Retro Inn #1 may also be booked, depending on availability.
1. Queen bed (mezzanine floor)
2. Queen bed
3. Twin beds (2 singles)
Standard nightly rates:
- from $240- $275 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $30 per extra adult, $25 per extra child (2-17 yrs), under 2 yrs free
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- 1 Bathroom
- 3 Bedrooms
- Boat Parking
- CD Player
- Cleaning & linen included
- Electric blankets
- Firewood provided
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- Off-street parking
- Outdoor living area
- Really cute little cottage. Well equipped and comfortable. The view of the mountains is outstanding! Would definitely stay again ????
Kelly (NZ) - Jan, 2020
- Great, cosy chalet-like house. Great view, great facilities. Loved it!
Freeke (Netherlands) - Jan, 2020
- This is so far the best stay ever during my NZ trip, it was so cozy and warm, kitchen fully equipped. It was so comfortable that we did not want to go out but stay in the house. Feel like a home!
Yi (Malaysia) - Dec, 2019
- Excellent house, beautiful views of the lake and exceptional sense of 'home'.
James (UK) - Dec, 2019
- Beautiful view of the lake and mountains from the back porch, comfortable beds, open airy feel, well-equipped kitchen, comfortable living area with TV, easy to get around from here, and fun place place all-around. Highly recommended!
Joseph (USA) - Dec, 2019
- Although the place is retro as the name implies, everything is in rather amazing condition considering the age of the kitchen and bathroom they were very clean and in very good condition. The thing that really surprised us was the quality of all of the extra touches, such as the high quality of the linens, glasses and crockery and how amazingly well the kitchenware was stocked.
Paul (NZ) - Jan, 2019
- Relaxing, wonderful. A wee gem of a place.
Donald (NZ) - Jun, 2018
- Absolutely perfect - can’t wait to come back. Very comfy beds. Great facilities including laundry and a log burner. Loved the table tennis table! Quiet location with a view of the lake.
Jemma (NZ) - Jan, 2018
- The basement room and play area was perfect for the kids. Walking distance of about 10 minutes to the lakeside & church. The view from the balcony is stunning.
Azlina (Malaysia) - Nov, 2017
- An authentic old-school kiwi Bach. Great for family groups.
Olive (NZ) - Sep, 2017
- Beautiful chalet-esque house with a warm and welcoming atmosphere, perfect location - absolutely loved the retro features throughout!
Stephanie (NZ) - Mar, 2017
View our homes on a map
"Absolutely perfect - can’t wait to come back. Very comfy beds. Great facilities including laundry and a log burner. Loved the table tennis table! Quiet location with a view of the lake."
Retro Inn #2, Jemma (NZ), January 2018