Retro Inn #2
SPECIAL - 25% off the standard rate for stays of 2 or more nights before 19 Dec 2021. Click calendar dates below to check rates.
Retro Inn #2 is a warm, sunny classic 'kiwi' holiday home with plenty of character.
A cosy living area opens onto a small deck with outdoor seating and great views of the lake and mountains.
An internal staircase leads up to the main queen bedroom on a mezzanine floor. Two more bedrooms are on the main floor, along with the bathroom, including shower and bathtub.
Log burner with firewood supplied, heatpump, TV, DVD.
Full kitchen facilities. Garage underneath suitable for storage of ski gear in winter.
Please note, as this is a wooden 'Lockwood' house it does creak with changes in the outside temperature.
For larger groups, the adjoining Retro Inn #1 may also be booked, depending on availability.
1. Queen bed (mezzanine floor)
2. Queen bed
3. Twin beds (2 singles)
Standard nightly rates:
- from $240- $275 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $30 per extra adult, $25 per extra child (2-17 yrs), under 2 yrs free
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- 1 Bathroom
- 3 Bedrooms
- Boat Parking
- CD Player
- Cleaning & linen included
- Electric blankets
- Firewood provided
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- Off-street parking
- Outdoor living area
- This place was even better than we expected! It was very clean, comfortable and warm (with both a heat pump and wood burner). It had everything we needed and we loved the view over the lake. We would definitely stay again.
Anna (NZ) - Jun, 2021
- The unit has excellent views of the lake and mountain range and close enough location to shops and restaurants. Wifi was a decent speed (even with a family of 4 current users in the evenings). My family loved the layout of the space in the unit, the cozy fireplace and the amazing views of the lake and mountain range.
Sean (NZ) - Oct, 2020
- Great place to stay. Very warm and cosy with the fire:)
Kirsty & Craig (NZ) - Aug, 2020
- Really cute little cottage. Well equipped and comfortable. The view of the mountains is outstanding! Would definitely stay again!
Kelly (NZ) - Jan, 2020
- Great, cosy chalet-like house. Great view, great facilities. Loved it!
Freeke (Netherlands) - Jan, 2020
- Excellent house, beautiful views of the lake and exceptional sense of 'home'.
James (UK) - Dec, 2019
- Beautiful view of the lake and mountains from the back porch, comfortable beds, open airy feel, well-equipped kitchen, comfortable living area with TV, easy to get around from here, and fun place place all-around. Highly recommended!
Joseph (USA) - Dec, 2019
- This is so far the best stay ever during my NZ trip, it was so cozy and warm, kitchen fully equipped. It was so comfortable that we did not want to go out but stay in the house. Feel like a home!
Yi (Malaysia) - Dec, 2019
- Although the place is retro as the name implies, everything is in rather amazing condition considering the age of the kitchen and bathroom they were very clean and in very good condition. The thing that really surprised us was the quality of all of the extra touches, such as the high quality of the linens, glasses and crockery and how amazingly well the kitchenware was stocked.
Paul (NZ) - Jan, 2019
- Relaxing, wonderful. A wee gem of a place.
Donald (NZ) - Jun, 2018
- Beautiful chalet-esque house with a warm and welcoming atmosphere, perfect location - absolutely loved the retro features throughout!
Stephanie (NZ) - Mar, 2017
View our homes on a map
"This is so far the best stay ever during my NZ trip, it was so cozy and warm, kitchen fully equipped. It was so comfortable that we did not want to go out but stay in the house. Feel like a home!"
Retro Inn #2, Yi (Malaysia), December 2019