SPECIAL - 'Outta lockdown' special! 25% off the standard rate for stays of 2 or more nights until 3 July 2020. Choose dates on the calendar below for rates.
A contemporary home with a fantastic elevated outlook toward the lake and mountains. Stargate Retreat is light and sunny, with large sliding doors opening from the spacious living and dining area to the patio. This house is warmed by a heatpump and fireplace.
The queen bedroom and bunkroom share a large bathroom, with shower and bath. A separate queen studio, accessed internally, has an ensuite bathroom, TV and small kitchenette.
The kitchen is well set up for social cooking, with a breakfast bar, and large dining table.
Plenty of off-street vehicle and boat parking.
A lovely 20 minute walk to the lake front and village centre, or 5 minute drive.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
1. Queen bed
2. Bunk beds (4 singles)
3. Queen bed with own ensuite
Standard nightly rates:
- from $330 - $340 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $40 per extra adult, $25 per extra child
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Ask about our Winter Weekday specials for 2020.
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Bedrooms
- Boat Parking
- Cleaning & linen included
- Electric blankets
- Firewood provided
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- Off-street parking
- A great home to relax and unwind. Clean & really spacious. We loved making a lovely fire when the weather was miserable outside. Highly recommended as somewhere to chill & enjoy.
Cheryl (Singapore) - Mar, 2020
- We loved our stay at Stargate Retreat. Pictures don’t do justice to how beautiful the view is from the living room. Very clean and tidy space in a modern setting with everything you will need for a comfortable stay. Our hosts communicated with us frequently till check in and even accommodated a late check in. Do not miss an opportunity to sit in the yard and stargaze at night.
Niveditha (Australia) - Feb, 2020
- Great, stylish space perfect for exploring tekapo. The house is well decorated and supplied, perfect for families with young children as full of toys and books to entertain in addition to all you'd need to cook. Fantastic views of the lake.
Angelique (UK) - Feb, 2020
- We love our stay in Stargate. Basically everything is within a walk distance. Dark night sky is absolutely amazing!
Audrey (Australia) - Jan, 2020
- Lovely property and very spacious. The view was truly breath taking. Beds were very comfortable!
Nicola (Australia) - Jan, 2020
- Lovely house, with amazing views. Whole house has a really nice feel about it. Caters really well for families too. Highly recommend.
Melissa (Australia) - Nov, 2019
- Great location, cleanliness was good. Apartment looked new and well maintained. The toys in the house also kept the little ones entertained! Home away from home!
Zh (Singapore) - Nov, 2018
- Relaxing, spacious and new feeling. Great showers and soft towels.
Susan (Australia) - Sep, 2017