SPECIAL - WINTER WEEKDAY and OFF-PEAK Spring specials available for stays of 2 or more nights before 22 Dec 2022. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us!
A contemporary home with a fantastic elevated outlook toward the lake and mountains. Stargate Retreat is light and sunny, with large sliding doors opening from the spacious living and dining area to the patio. This house is warmed by a heatpump and fireplace.
The queen bedroom and bunkroom share a large bathroom, with shower and bath. A separate queen studio, accessed internally, has an ensuite bathroom, TV and small kitchenette.
The kitchen is well set up for social cooking, with a breakfast bar, and large dining table.
Plenty of off-street vehicle and boat parking. Trampoline for kids!
A lovely 20 minute walk to the lake front and village centre, or 5 minute drive.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
- Queen bed with ensuite
- Bunk beds (4 singles)
- Queen bed
Standard nightly rates:
- from $285 - $320 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $40 per extra adult, $25 per extra child (2-17 yrs), under 2 yrs free
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay r?equests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Check out our ?2022 Winter Weekday Specials ?for stays of 2 or more nights Sun-Thurs between 24 July - 29? Sep. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us.
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Bedrooms
- Boat Parking
- Cleaning & linen included
- Clothes Dryer
- Electric blankets
- Firewood provided
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- Netflix/streamed TVNZ
- Off-street parking
- Stunning location and great views of the lake. Very comfortable and warm house which met all our needs. Would definitely stay again!
Lisa (NZ) - Feb, 2022
- We have wonderful family holiday in this beautiful house. It’s clean and has everything that you may need. Gorgeous view over to the lake and mountains from the front porch.
Ganka (NZ) - Oct, 2021
- A great space for family and friends! Amazing lounge space with log burner - nothing beats the heat of log fire. All the essentials for cooking is provided. Great selection of toys for kids (we brought a 2 year old).
Allen (NZ) - Oct, 2021
- A lovely modern house with all the features you need for a great stay including a log burning fire. It has beautiful views of the lake and mountains. It was especially great for toddlers with loads of toys and books to keep them entertained.
Anna (NZ) - Sep, 2021
- We had really enjoyed our stay in Stargate Retreat! Lovely place with plenty of heating for cold winter days! The place was clean and in a very convenient location, and the view every morning looking out to lake tekapo is priceless! Had clear winter night where we could see the whole entire Milky Way which was a highlight of our trip!
Faye (NZ) - Aug, 2021
- Lovely house with Great Lake views! A walking track behind the house goes up the hill and is perfect for viewing stars at night. A lovely feeling of space and relaxation, and warm even when the temperatures dropped. We had a great stay, thanks.
Denise (NZ) - Apr, 2021
- Great spot with amazing lake views. Great setup for kids and awesome views of the stars
Jeremy (NZ) - Apr, 2021
- Wonderfully modern and streamlined home was so fun for a long weekend. Bathrooms are super modern and clean. View out to the lake is gorgeous and we loved the hiking trails right across the street. Plus kids springfree trampoline was a hit.
Fran (NZ) - Oct, 2020
- A great home to relax and unwind. Clean & really spacious. We loved making a lovely fire when the weather was miserable outside. Highly recommended as somewhere to chill & enjoy.
Cheryl (Singapore) - Mar, 2020
- We loved our stay at Stargate Retreat. Pictures don’t do justice to how beautiful the view is from the living room. Very clean and tidy space in a modern setting with everything you will need for a comfortable stay. Our hosts communicated with us frequently till check in and even accommodated a late check in. Do not miss an opportunity to sit in the yard and stargaze at night.
Niveditha (Australia) - Feb, 2020
- Great, stylish space perfect for exploring tekapo. The house is well decorated and supplied, perfect for families with young children as full of toys and books to entertain in addition to all you'd need to cook. Fantastic views of the lake.
Angelique (UK) - Feb, 2020
- We love our stay in Stargate. Basically everything is within a walk distance. Dark night sky is absolutely amazing!
Audrey (Australia) - Jan, 2020
- Lovely property and very spacious. The view was truly breath taking. Beds were very comfortable!
Nicola (Australia) - Jan, 2020
- Lovely house, with amazing views. Whole house has a really nice feel about it. Caters really well for families too. Highly recommend.
Melissa (Australia) - Nov, 2019
- Great location, cleanliness was good. Apartment looked new and well maintained. The toys in the house also kept the little ones entertained! Home away from home!
Zh (Singapore) - Nov, 2018