The Red Nest
SPECIAL - OFF-PEAK Spring specials available for stays of 2 or more nights between 1 Oct - 22 Dec 2022. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us!
The Red Nest may be small but it has everything a larger house has and is ideal for couples, a solo retreat or even a break away with your dog!
Relax and enjoy the spectacular mountain views or on cooler days curl up with a book and keep warm with the ease of the heat pump.
Fully equipped modern kitchen including a dishwasher, small oven, cook top, microwave. Cosy double bedroom, small single bedroom and bathroom, complete with a washing machine!
Located on a quiet street just 3 mins drive from the village centre, with walking tracks up Cowens Hill from the back door.
By prior agreement well-behaved family dogs are welcome to stay with you at this pet-friendly property (not fenced). See our FAQ's for more details.
"My dog loved this place. The view is stunning on both sides. The bedroom has such a lovely view from the window above the bed. The whole house is well put together and I could live here forever. I pretty much lived on that red couch it's so comfy and the view so soul-satisfying" - Emma, Dec 2020
- Queen bed
- Single bed
Standard nightly rates:
- from $230 - $265 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- dog stay fee $20
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
Please note, minimum night stays may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>?
The Red Nest is located beside the larger 'Castle Hall', making for an ideal combination of properties when traveling with friends or family but wishing to have your own space close-by.
The property offers WI-FI, but please note that the in?ternet connections in Tekapo are generally slower than many parts of N?.Z.
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- Dogs welcome
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Bedrooms
- Cleaning & linen included
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- The location was great for walking and stargazing. It was in a quiet spot at the edge of a quiet estate. The place was bigger than it looks in the photos. It was very comfortable and had everything we needed for cooking and laundry.
Vanessa (NZ) - Jan, 2022
- Very well set up. Compact but everything that we needed. Perfect for 2 people. Was lovely to arrive and find the air conditioner on. Pick up and drop off of keys very easy. Information in guest book very detailed.
Leanne (NZ) - Jan, 2022
- My dog loved this place. The view is stunning on both sides. The bedroom has such a lovely view from the window above the bed. The whole house is well put together. It offers all I need. I pretty much lived on that red couch it's so comfy and the view so soul-satisfying. I loved the lupin flowers outside the house in the viewpoint walk path. We also took lots of night sky photos after the moon set. I did not want to leave, and could definitely stay for another week.
Emma (NZ) - Dec, 2021
- Highly recommend this home. Wonderful views and location. The home is compact but has everything you need for a couple, or couple plus one.
Marlene (NZ) - Apr, 2021
- Wish we stayed longer, was so cosy and had everything you needed!! Would highly recommend the Red Nest in Tekapo :)
Atalia (NZ) - Apr, 2021
- Location was stunning and the crib was a really cool design.
Neil (NZ) - Apr, 2021
- The Red Nest is a great little spot if you want to be slightly out of town (very close still however, could walk or 3 min drive). The spot is so peaceful, would 100% stay again.
Hailey (NZ) - Jan, 2021
- Super cosy little hideaway!
Jack (NZ) - Nov, 2020
- Cute little place. Nice quiet location. Great facilities and was everything we needed for our stay.
Jessica (NZ) - Sep, 2020
- The concept is great! Location and view were awesome.
Katrien (Belgium) - Feb, 2020
- We enjoyed the getaway feel of the small cabin, but it is very close quarters, so be comfortable with the ones your sharing the space with! It's very clean, nicely designed, with simple furniture.
Samantha (USA) - Nov, 2019
- Although small in size, the Red Nest is well designed and makes good use of every available space. The nest is equipped with every appliances that you need and kept really clean. We enjoyed our stay tremendously.
Ren Jun Sam (Singapore) - Oct, 2019
- Went to the Red Nest for a winter gals weekend. Was super cosy and warm. The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed. Great location within easy walking distance to the village. Amazing views of the lake and mountain.
Lily (NZ) - Jul, 2018