The Red Nest
SPECIAL - 25% off the standard rate for OFF-PEAK stays of 2 or more nights before 15 April 2022. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us!
The Red Nest may be small but it has everything a larger house has, including a washing machine.
Relax and enjoy the spectacular mountain views or on cooler days curl up with a book and keep warm with the ease of the heat pump.
Fully equipped modern kitchen including a dishwasher, small oven, cook top and microwave.
Double bedroom, small single room and bathroom. Ideal for a solo escape, or two people.
By prior agreement, well-behaved family dogs are welcome to stay with you at the property. See our FAQ's for more details.
The property offers WI-FI, but please note that the internet connections in Tekapo are generally slower than many parts of N.Z.
This self contained cottage is situated beside 'Castle Hall' a larger property, making it the ideal place to stay when traveling with friends or family and you wish to have your own space but to be close.
- Queen bed
- Single bed
Standard nightly rates:
- from $230 - $265 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
Please note, minimum night stays may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- Dogs welcome
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Bedrooms
- Cleaning & linen included
- Freeview TV
- Heat pump
- Highly recommend this home. Wonderful views and location. The home is compact but has everything you need for a couple, or couple plus one.
Marlene (NZ) - Apr, 2021
- Wish we stayed longer, was so cosy and had everything you needed!! Would highly recommend the Red Nest in Tekapo :)
Atalia (NZ) - Apr, 2021
- The Red Nest is a great little spot if you want to be slightly out of town (very close still however, could walk or 3 min drive). The spot is so peaceful, would 100% stay again.
Hailey (NZ) - Jan, 2021
- Cute little place. Nice quiet location. Great facilities and was everything we needed for our stay.
Jessica (NZ) - Sep, 2020
- The concept is great! Location and view were awesome.
Katrien (Belgium) - Feb, 2020
- We enjoyed the getaway feel of the small cabin, but it is very close quarters, so be comfortable with the ones your sharing the space with! It's very clean, nicely designed, with simple furniture.
Samantha (USA) - Nov, 2019
- Although small in size, the Red Nest is well designed and makes good use of every available space. The nest is equipped with every appliances that you need and kept really clean. We enjoyed our stay tremendously.
Ren Jun Sam (Singapore) - Oct, 2019
- WHAT A VIEW! I mean the accommodation is great too but the view is outstanding! We loved our stay. Just wish we lived closer so we could stay more often!
Lucy (UK) - Dec, 2018
- Went to the Red Nest for a winter gals weekend. Was super cosy and warm. The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed. Great location within easy walking distance to the village. Amazing views of the lake and mountain.
Lily (NZ) - Jul, 2018
- Excellent location, great view of the mountains from living and bed rooms especially on a clear day you get to see Mt Cook.
Narendran (Australia) - Jan, 2018