SPECIAL - 10%-20% off the standard rate for OFF-PEAK stays of 2 or more nights between 1 May - 9 Nov 2022. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us!
Elevated high above the village, Takapo Retreat offers a unique experience to those looking for something special.
Luxurious and private, the lodge has stunning panoramic views of Lake Tekapo, the surrounding mountain ranges and the area's renowned night sky.
With a choice of 3 outdoor living spaces, spa pool and swimming pool (heated, avail Dec-March), you can enjoy Tekapo's alpine environment year around.
The warm, welcoming internal living invites you to create and share a meal together, relax on a sunny window seat, or end your day in front of the gas fire enjoying a movie.
The master bedroom includes an ensuite bathroom, while the other bedrooms share a second bathroom (including shower, toilet and bathtub) and additional toilet. A separate kitchenette and living area adjoins the rear bedrooms for larger groups requiring extra space.
The lodge is one of the few Tekapo properties offering full mobility access, including a wheelchair entry lift, several ramps, a fully accessible bathroom and widened door frames throughout - photos and more detail available.
By prior agreement well-behaved dogs are welcome at this pet-friendly property, so your whole family can enjo?y the break (fenced courtyards). See our FAQ's for more details.
"Amazing stay!!! Cannot recommend it enough, the photos don’t do it justice. It even has two hot tubs which we didn’t realise and one of them was HUGE. We went for my partners birthday and even our golden retriever was welcome which is rare for such a beautiful home. We will stay here again for sure :)" - Melissa, June 2021
- Queen bed + ensuite
- Queen bed
- Queen bed
- 2 king single beds
- 2 king single bunk beds
Standard nightly rates:
- from $750 for 1-4 people, depending on season.
- plus $100 per extra guest
- infants under 2 yrs free in own port-a-cot
- maximum of $1300 for the entire house?
- dog stay fee $20
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods.
One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability and would incur a surcharge. Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
Please note, payment of a non-refundable deposit of one nights rate will be required 30 days prior to arrival, or upon booking if booked less than 1 month prior. A security bond will also be held from check-in for the duration of your stay. See our ?Terms of Stay? for more details.
A wonderful accommodation for wedding parties or small events. For larger groups, the neighboring Lake Lodge may also be booked, depending on availability.?
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- Dogs welcome
- 2 Bathrooms
- 5 Bedrooms
- Boat Parking
- Cleaning & linen included
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee machine - BYO pods
- Electric blankets
- Gas fire
- Gas Hob
- Gas hot water
- Heat pump
- Netflix/streamed TVNZ
- Off-street parking
- Outdoor living area
- Spa pool
- Swimming pool - summer
- Wheelchair accessible
7 Sibbald Lane, Tekapo 7999
- Amazing place to stay - one of my favourites in NZ! Love the house and we didn’t have to leave… the pool and spas were great. Everything was perfect.
Rachelle (NZ) - Mar, 2022
- Amazing place with an amazing view - excellent for a big group!
Tracy (NZ) - Feb, 2022
- House is stunning!!! So exceeded our expectations. Just gorgeous. We will be back!
Clarinda (NZ) - May, 2021
- This is a gorgeous home, it has everything for a perfect holiday, you couldn't ask for a better place to stay. We would definitely spend another holiday here.
Nancy (NZ) - Mar, 2021
- Amazing large open house the views were incredible, the Spas were a great time waster and the gas fire in the lounge was divine. It felt very homely and we cant wait to come back in summer and enjoy the pool
Peter (NZ) - Jul, 2020
- The house is excellent, very well finished and very comfortable and relaxing. Beautiful view over Lake Tekapo. Great landscaping around the house which provides quite good privacy to the deck and spa. The pool was great to have and so was the spa. Lounge and living space including the kitchen were very spacious and modern.
Alexander (Australia) - Jan, 2020
- Stunning view beautiful and private accommodation.We love everything, it catered well for any family. Have everything we need without leaving the place. Great star gazing at night in the spa. And private.
Edward (N.Z) - Jan, 2020
- Absolutely beautiful place to stay in Tekapo. The location of the property was amazing. We loved being up on the hill with fantastic views, yet close enough to walk into town for groceries or dinner. The entire living area was fantastic.
Anthony (U.S) - Jan, 2020
- The house is charming! Very new and beautifully decorated, it sits on a high part of the city where you can have an amazing view of the lake from almost every room.
Guilherme (Brazil) - Jan, 2020
- I highly recommend this place! The house is modern, clean and super spacious. We had a late check in here and they were more than willing to accommodate. The space was extraordinarily clean and modern. The balcony views were also stunning. It was simply wonderful.
Jitendra - Jan, 2020
View our homes on a map
"Amazing large open house the views were incredible, the Spas were a great time waster and the gas fire in the lounge was divine. It felt very homely and we cant wait to come back in summer and enjoy the pool"
Takapo Retreat, Peter (NZ), July 2020