SPECIAL - until 17 Dec 2020: 30% off the standard rate for stays of 2 or more nights Or escape for one night of luxury for just $600 for 4 guests!
Elevated high above the village, Takapo Retreat offers a unique experience to those looking for something special.
Luxurious and private, the lodge has stunning panoramic views of Lake Tekapo, the surrounding mountain ranges and the area's renowned night sky.
With a choice of 3 outdoor living spaces, spa pool and swimming pool (unheated, Dec/Jan only), you can enjoy Tekapo's alpine environment year around.
The warm, welcoming internal living invites you to create and share a meal together, relax on a sunny window seat, or end your day in front of the gas fire enjoying a movie.
A separate kitchenette and living area adjoins the rear bedrooms for larger groups requiring extra space.
The master bedroom includes an ensuite bathroom, while the other bedrooms share a second bathroom (including shower, toilet and bathtub) and additional toilet.
The lodge is one of the few Tekapo properties offering full mobility access, including a wheelchair entry lift, several ramps, a fully accessible bathroom and widened door frames throughout.
By prior agreement, Takapo Retreat also welcomes well-behaved family dogs, so your whole family can enjoy the break. See our FAQ's for more details.
A wonderful accommodation for wedding parties or small events. For larger groups, the neighboring Lake Lodge may also be booked, depending on availability.
1. Queen bed + ensuite
2. Queen bed
3. Queen bed
4. 2 king single beds
5. 2 king single bunk beds
Standard nightly rates:
- from $750 for 1-4 people, depending on season.
- plus $75 per extra guest or
- $1200 for the entire house
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.?
Discounts?? may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- Dogs welcome
- 2 Bathrooms
- 5 Bedrooms
- Boat Parking
- Cleaning & linen included
- Clothes Dryer
- Electric blankets
- Full wheelchair access
- Gas fire
- Gas Hob
- Gas hot water
- Heat pump
- Netflix/streamed TVNZ
- Off-street parking
- Outdoor living area
- Spa pool
- Swimming pool - summer
7 Sibbald Lane, Tekapo 7999
- Beautiful place with stunning view from the Jacuzzi.
Micha? - Feb, 2020
- The house is excellent, very well finished and very comfortable and relaxing. Beautiful view over Lake Tekapo. Great landscaping around the house which provides quite good privacy to the deck and spa. The pool was great to have and so was the spa. Lounge and living space including the kitchen were very spacious and modern.
Alexander (Australia) - Jan, 2020
- Stunning view beautiful and private accommodation.We love everything, it catered well for any family. Have everything we need without leaving the place. Great star gazing at night in the spa. And private.
Edward (N.Z) - Jan, 2020
- Absolutely beautiful place to stay in Tekapo. The location of the property was amazing. We loved being up on the hill with fantastic views, yet close enough to walk into town for groceries or dinner. The entire living area was fantastic.
Anthony (U.S) - Jan, 2020
- The house is charming! Very new and beautifully decorated, it sits on a high part of the city where you can have an amazing view of the lake from almost every room.
Guilherme (Brazil) - Jan, 2020
- I highly recommend this place! The house is modern, clean and super spacious. We had a late check in here and they were more than willing to accommodate. The space was extraordinarily clean and modern. The balcony views were also stunning. It was simply wonderful.
Jitendra - Jan, 2020
"Absolutely beautiful place to stay in Tekapo. The location of the property was amazing. We loved being up on the hill with fantastic views, yet close enough to walk into town for groceries or dinner. The entire living area was fantastic."
Takapo Retreat, Anthony (U.S), January 2020