What's happening in Tekapo
For a small town, Tekapo has plenty of events happening throughout the year.
- Saturday Market - local market in the village square, 9am - 1pm first Saturday of the month, and long weekends from September to April. Art, crafts, local food, beverages and products.
December 2021/January 2022:
- Lake Tekapo Sculpture Walk
15 outstanding sculptors (14 outside, 1 inside) situated around the domain and lake edge.
- Summer Exhibition - 'Juxtaposition'
ArtSpace Tekapo (above Petronella’s in Rapuwai Lane, Lake Tekapo)
- Fri 18th - Sun 20th: Summer Challenge
- Saturday 17th: Race Tekapo - unique courses for all levels, a great race environment and fun for all!
"Superb property for a family or group of friends. 2 full bathrooms was a bonus. Well equipped kitchen with everything you need to self-cater. Great location - 5 minute walk to Four Square and the lake front. Sky TV with My Sky as well as Netflix. Lov..."
Shepherd's View, Sharon (NZ), November 2020