SPECIAL - WINTER WEEKDAY and OFF-PEAK Spring specials available for stays of 2 or more nights before 22 Dec 2022. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us!
Set high on a hillside, Tekapo Escape has been especially designed to accommodate two families and can comfortably sleep 12 people in four bedrooms, plus baby in a lovely wooden cot.
It boasts a spacious, sunny living and dining area with big doors opening out to a deck across the front of the house.
An outdoor BBQ, chairs and table means you can relax and soak up the alpine air, and stunning views of the lake and surrounding mountains. The perfect spot to enjoy Tekapo's renowned night sky!
The house has two heat pumps, lots of games, puzzles and toys for the children, plus a table tennis table, several bikes and a full bookshelf for your enjoyment.
By prior agreement, pet-friendly Tekapo Escape also welcomes well-behaved dogs, so your whole family can enjoy the break (not fenced). See our FAQ's for more details.
Only a 10 minute walk to the village centre and lake front.
- Queen bed with ensuite bathroom
- Queen bed with baby cot
- 2 bunks (4 single beds)
- 2 bunks (4 single beds)
- from $395 - $450 for 1-4 people, depending on season
- plus $40 per extra adult, $25 per extra child, $10 for baby using the cot
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods.
Check out our 2022 Winter Weekday Specials for stays of 2 or more nights Sun-Thurs between 24 July - 29 Sep. Click calendar dates below to check rates or contact us.
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>?
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- Dogs welcome
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Bedrooms
- Boat Parking
- Cleaning & linen included
- Freeview TV
- Gas Hob
- Heat pump
- Off-street parking
- Outdoor living area
- Rice cooker
- Beautiful home with everything you need, peaceful views. Beautiful furniture and lay out of the home. Games cupboard was a valued bonus! Will definitely be back!
Britt (NZ) - Mar, 2022
- Great view, well furnished house. Was everything we needed and more. Some great small touches like the board games cupboard and the kids furniture. Thanks!
Jonelle (NZ) - Feb, 2022
- This is a superb large house with homely furnishings, and a whole hallway closet filled with toys and games for the kids, including a ping pong table in the garage. A great location close to the town, lovely view, and very comfortable place to stay with kids.
Emily (NZ) - Nov, 2021
- Great location and fabulous selection of toys and activities for kids and kids at heart. Nice to have a cot for the baby set up. Warm house. Great house to easily accommodate 2 families.
Fraser (NZ) - Oct, 2021
- Great place to stay with two families. Everything you need is there. Would highly recommend.
Rose (NZ) - Oct, 2021
- We were so impressed with the space; as all other reviews said, it is perfect for young families - amazing selection of books, toys and games to keep everyone happy. Thank you for having us!
Vivian (NZ) - Sep, 2021
- Great stay, nice inside and out. Great for groups
Cameron (NZ) - Sep, 2021
- A wonderful stay for two families, the kids loves the home and especially the toy cupboard. House met all our needs.
Sahni (NZ) - Aug, 2021
- Perfection! Just like the photos, a fantastic place for a group.
Penny (NZ) - Jan, 2021
- Awesome place for 3 families (1 family just grandparents). What about that toy cupboard!!?! Huge!!!!
Alice (NZ) - Oct, 2020
- Best view around. Had everything we needed. Mint spot. Highly recommend
Natasha (NZ) - Sep, 2020
- Superb accommodation for big group or family trip. There is many games for sports and board. Such a pleasant surprise!
Jay - Feb, 2020
- A wonderful location with breathtaking views. Sparkling clean, massive and wide kitchen, with fresh and clean linens.
Sharaf (USA) - Feb, 2020
- Wondering house in a stunning location. Easily accommodated us (10 people). Great for families and kids.
Phuong (Australia) - Jan, 2020
- Great location. Stunning view. Walking distance to town. Great living spaces. Definitely not crowded for our family group of 6 adults and one child
Sam (Australia) - Jan, 2020
- Fantastic house with breath taking view and an excellent location. Very clean and fully equpped kitchen. Highly recommended for big group.
Sokma (Singapore) - Dec, 2019
- The view was stunning and we had a great time. It was a nice touch to have heated flooring at the master toilet as the weather was quite cold. We highly recommend this for large group.
Veronica (Singapore) - Nov, 2019
View our homes on a map
"Beautiful home with everything you need, peaceful views. Beautiful furniture and lay out of the home. Games cupboard was a valued bonus! Will definitely be back!"
Tekapo Escape, Britt (NZ), March 2022