SPECIAL - 15% off the standard rate for stays of 2 or more nights until 23 Dec 2020. Click calendar dates below to check rates.
Built for the sun and spectacular views of lake and mountain, Castle Hall is a spacious, light and wonderfully equipped holiday home. Nestled at the base of the Cowens Hill reserve, the night sky here is one of the darkest in the village - perfect for star-gazing from the deck!
The open living, dining and kitchen area is fantastic for a family or group of friends to spend time together while soaking up the stunning vistas.
Large sliding doors open out to an expansive deck. In cooler months, the home stays cosy with a gas fire, and several heat pumps.
The main queen bedroom has an ensuite bathroom, with another queen and 2 twin rooms sharing a second large bathroom. Each bedroom has built-in shelving so you can make yourselves at home.
A large covered carport provides great storage for skis and outdoor equipment, including a heated drying cupboard
Located on a quiet street just 3 mins drive from the village centre, with walking tracks up Cowens Hill from the back door.
By prior agreement, well-behaved family dogs are welcome to stay with you at the property, however must be kept outside. See our FAQ's for more details.
For larger groups, the neighboring Red Nest may also be booked, depending on availability.
1. Queen bed & ensuite bathroom
2. Queen bed
3. Two single beds
4. Two single beds
Standard nightly rates:
- from $280 - $320 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $40 per extra adult, $25 per extra child
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.?
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- Dogs negotiable
- 4 Bedrooms
- Boat Parking
- Cleaning & linen included
- Clothes Dryer
- Electric blankets
- Freeview TV
- Gas fire
- Heat pump
- Off-street parking
- Ski gear drying cupboard
- Such a nice house! It's located on top of a hill with beautiful view. You can see a lot of stars in the evening. The house is super clean and comfortable.
Stefanie (Australia) - Nov, 2019
- Above expectation and would like to visit again.
Bervin (Malaysia) - Nov, 2018
- Spectacular viewing platform for the night skies!
Stephen (UK) - Mar, 2018
- We loved this house and found it was ideal for our group. Very warm, large spacious areas to relax and comfortable furniture.
Angie - Jul, 2017
- We loved everything about Castle Hall and will look at booking again soon for next July! Lovely and warm with the heat pumps in the hallway. Nice not having to constantly think about getting wood dried for a wood fire etc. Plenty of crockery and cutlery.
Trish (N.Z) - Jul, 2017
- This house was a great choice for our holiday. It is modern, well designed and comfortable. The marvelous views the day after snow fell were superb. We were very cosy inside day and night. The location is good and the access was easy. We would certainly stay here again
Raewyn (NZ) - Jul, 2017
- Best stay of our NZ trip! Excellent property. Complete privacy. Comfortable beds. Good view. :)
Rajeev (Australia) - Nov, -0001
"We loved everything about Castle Hall and will look at booking again soon for next July! Lovely and warm with the heat pumps in the hallway. Nice not having to constantly think about getting wood dried for a wood fire etc. Plenty of crockery and ..."
Castle Hall, Trish (N.Z), July 2017