SPECIAL - 15% off the standard rate for stays of 2 or more nights before 19 Dec 2021. Click calendar dates below to check rates.
Built for the sun and spectacular views of lake and mountain, Castle Hall is a spacious, light and wonderfully equipped holiday home. Nestled at the base of the Cowens Hill reserve, the night sky here is one of the darkest in the village - perfect for star-gazing from the deck!
The open living, dining and kitchen area is fantastic for a family or group of friends to spend time together while soaking up the stunning vistas.
Large sliding doors open out to an expansive deck. In cooler months, the home stays cosy with a gas fire, and several heat pumps.
The main queen bedroom has an ensuite bathroom, with another queen and 2 twin rooms sharing a second large bathroom. Each bedroom has built-in shelving so you can make yourselves at home.
A large covered carport provides great storage for skis and outdoor equipment, including a heated drying cupboard
Located on a quiet street just 3 mins drive from the village centre, with walking tracks up Cowens Hill from the back door.
By prior agreement, well-behaved family dogs are welcome to stay with you at the property. See our FAQ's for more details.
For larger groups, the neighboring Red Nest may also be booked, depending on availability.
1. Queen bed & ensuite bathroom
2. Queen bed
3. Two single beds
4. Two single beds
Standard nightly rates:
- from $280 - $320 for 1-2 people, depending on season.
- plus $40 per extra adult, $25 per extra child (2-17 yrs), under 2 yrs free
>> Click on the calendar dates below to check rates.
2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY - please note this may increase during peak periods. One night stay requests may be accepted depending on availability, and would incur a surcharge.
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the rate.?
Discounts may be also available for extended or repeat stays. Enquire now >>
- Free WiFi
- Washing Machine
- Dogs welcome
- 4 Bedrooms
- Boat Parking
- Cleaning & linen included
- Clothes Dryer
- Electric blankets
- Freeview TV
- Gas fire
- Heat pump
- Off-street parking
- Ski gear drying cupboard
- We absolutely loved our stay and the views were incredible. Thank you!
Tina (NZ) - Dec, 2020
- A clean and modern house with beautiful views of Lake Tekapo. Lovely and warm, and well suited for one or two families. Would definitely stay again!
Alli (NZ) - Oct, 2020
- Fantastic home for two families to share. Great location. Excellent heating for winter including a lovely fireplace. Beds were comfy and wifi handled all the kids on their devices.
Kirsten (NZ) - Aug, 2020
- What a fab place to stay. Super comfortable and fantastic location.
Zoe (NZ) - Jul, 2020
- Very warm, cozy, sunny and clean! We were 6 adults and 2 kids and didn’t have any problem with space! The glass doors could provide a great view of the lake and mountains. Would come back for sure!
Nayla (NZ) - Jul, 2020
- Lovely spacious house. Quiet and relaxing location. The house was lovely and clean. Easy to keep warm with heat pumps and a lovely gas fire. Well setup. We will be back.
Ruth (NZ) - Jul, 2020
- Located at the top of a new subdivision. Great view of the lake to wake up to every morning. Excellent well-maintained house.
Brad (NZ) - Jan, 2020
- Such a nice house! It's located on top of a hill with beautiful view. You can see a lot of stars in the evening. The house is super clean and comfortable.
Stefanie (Australia) - Nov, 2019
- Above expectation and would like to visit again.
Bervin (Malaysia) - Nov, 2018
- Spectacular viewing platform for the night skies!
Stephen (UK) - Mar, 2018
View our homes on a map
"Fantastic home for two families to share. Great location. Excellent heating for winter including a lovely fireplace. Beds were comfy and wifi handled all the kids on their devices."
Castle Hall, Kirsten (NZ), August 2020